Walthamstow extended their unbeaten run to 11 games in all competitions under Ryan Maxwell, as Reece Conway’s strike secured the Essex Senior League side a 1-1 draw with Sporting Bengal United.

The result keeps Stow in the top four, six points away from league leaders Stanstead Town, with the side looking to mount a promotion charge this campaign.

Walthamstow created the better chances in the first-half, with top-scorer James Peagram spurning a decent chance to open the scoring when he volleyed over Lee Flynn’s cross, while Conway came close to opening the scoring with a long-range drive.

But Stow were punished ten minutes before the break, when play-off chasers Sporting Bengal United took the lead when Kamarl Duncan latched on to Steve Carvell’s free-kick to nod home.

Walthamstow came out with a point to prove after the break and they should have been back on level terms in the 55th minute when Ryan Ramsey raced through one-on-one, but his effort was too close to the goalkeeper.

Christian Owusu then dragged a shot just wide of the post, but Walthamstow’s pressure would finally pay off when Conway converted Peagram’s header back across goal from four yards out to secure Maxwell’s side a point.

Ilford picked up a point on the road against high flying Hullbridge Sports in an entertaining game at Lower Road.

Second place Hullbridge opened the scoring after just two minutes through Nathan Scarborough, but Ilford levelled things up when Lauric Diakiesse found the back of the net.

Within 15 minutes, Ilford were in front when Yemi Adelani notched his seventh of the season but the lead wouldn’t last long, as Adebola Sotoyinbo equalised before the break to bring a fast-paced first half to an end.

Neither side could find a winner after the break though, meaning both teams had to settle for a point after an entertaining 2-2 draw.

West Essex were also involved in a high scoring affair in the Essex Senior League, as they played out an entertaining 3-3 draw with Stanway Rovers on home turf. Alfie Cleal put the visitors in front inside the first ten minutes, before Izzy Ogedi-Uzokwe levelled things up on the half-hour mark.

Ogedi-Uzokwe then secured his brace five minutes later to hand West Essex a 2-1 lead at the break.

But the home side were left shell shocked when Cleal scored twice in the space of 20 minutes to seal his hat-trick, meaning Stanway Rovers lead 3-2 going into the final few minutes.

However, West Essex rallied and Tanvir Ahmed popped up with just one minute of normal time remaining to earn a point.

Meanwhile, Redbridge’s disappointing start to the campaign continued as Jordan Palmer’s strike 15 minutes from time earnt Stanstead a 2-1 win on home turf.

Leyton Athletic were also on the end of a slender defeat as well, as they were beaten 2-0 by Takeley thanks to a brace from Josh Sykes, meaning they remain in the bottom four.

In the Essex Olympian League Premier Division, Buckhurst Hill returned to winning ways at the first time of asking following last week’s defeat to Bishop’s Stortford.

Frank Glock popped up right at the death to earn Mark Williams’ side a 1-0 win over Great Baddow, leaving them two points clear at the top of the division.