Ilford’s play off hopes were further dented, as they were convincingly beaten 4-1 by Sporting Bengal United on home turf in the Essex Senior League.

That defeat leaves the Foxes in ninth place in the table, meaning they have now won just one of their last five games in all competitions having initially started the campaign in fine form.

Ilford did go in on level terms at the break after an own goal cancelled out Jay Knight’s 26th minute opener.

But they would fall behind once again just 10 minutes after the re-start when Jason Ngandu found the back of the net and the Sporting Bengal United striker would making it 3-1 when he netted his second of the afternoon late on.

There was still time for Bobby Redwood to make it 4-1 right at the death to condemn Ilford to their third defeat in five games.

Leyton Athletic remain rooted in the bottom four as they were beaten 2-1 by Stanway Rovers thanks to a brace from Marley Okosi.

Dwade James notched his 17th of the season late on to give Leyton hope, but it proved to be too little too late for the home side.

Meanwhile Redbridge sealed their progression to the third round of the Buildbase FA Vase by beating Peterborough Northern Star 1-0.

Ashley Blackburn popped up with the winner on the half-hour mark when his curling strike found the top corner and the Motormen almost extended their advantage late on when Larry Asare hit the post.

That result came just days after Redbridge were held to a 3-3 draw with Stanway Rovers, as Danny Nesbitt popped up with a last gasp equaliser in the 89th minute to earn the visitors a point.

In the Essex Premier Cup, Buckhurst Hill progressed to the third round after beating Great Baddow 2-1 in a close fought game at Roding Lane.

Goals from Sam Sollosi and Suleyman Zuhd sealed the victory for Mark Williams’ side, who currently lead the Essex Olympian League Premier Division.

Lastly, Epping Town marked their return to Stonards Hill in perfect fashion by beating Toby Reserves 3-0 in the Essex Olympian League Senior Division Four.

Glen Warwick bagged a brace, while Joe Killingback also found the back of the net to move Epping up to third in the table, six points behind leaders Corinthians and just two behind second place Galleywood Reserves, who have played two more games than Billy Cove’s men.