Harlow Town were relegated from the Bostik League Premier Division after losing their two games over the Easter weekend.

A 3-1 loss at home to Enfield Town on Saturday put the on the brink, and a 3-0 defeat away at AFC Hornchurch on Monday confirmed that the Hawks will be playing in a lower division next season.

Kenzer Lee hit a double for Hornchurch in Monday’s game, and Sean Marks’ third ended any chances of a miraculous revival and sent Harlow down.

Ronnie Winn produced the first chance of the day when he got his head to Remi Sutton’s free-kick, but it failed to trouble the defence and went wide.

The first goal of the game arrived shortly before half-time when George Purcell delivered a powerful corner, and Lee rose above Taylor Hastings and Ugo Udoji to slam home the header and leave the Hawks on the verge of relegation.

The game definitely had an end-of-season feel about it, with both teams struggling to really take a hold on the game.

However, as the second half went on, Hornchurch broke into their stride and they doubled their lead from another Purcell corner – this time, George Saunders’ header hit Lee and went in, with the defender claiming his second of the match.

Only four minutes later, Purcell delivered again, this time with a cross which was perfect for Marks to steer home, seal the points, and confirm Harlow’s relegation.

In Saturday’s game, the Hawks fell behind to Kezie Ibe’s opener against Enfield but gave themselves a chance when Matt Foy found an equaliser. However, two goals in stoppage time from Matt Johnson and Josh Davison confined them to defeat.

Billy Bricknell created the game’s first opportunity when his crossfield ball found Lewis Taaffe, but Ugo Udoji managed to get in and make a strong block.

Tom Hitchcock then had Harlow’s first real chance of the game when he was put through by Scott Davies, but he hesitated for far too long when closing in on goal and saw his shot saved by the legs of Matt Nolan.

The opening goal finally arrived on 37 minutes as Davison fired a cross into the box, and although his first touch was poor, Ibe was able to power in and hand Enfield the lead.

Midway through the second half, Harlow gave themselves a great opportunity to climb away from relegation when Foy raced onto Fabion Simms’ long ball and blasted into the top corner to level proceedings.

Harlow through everything at the Enfield goal, but the final touch or pass was just lacking and it came back to haunt them late on.

As the game hit the 90th minute, the hosts could only clear a corner as far as Johnson and he fired high into the net to consign Harlow to another defeat, but they weren’t done there.

Only a minute later, Davison made sure of the points when he turned away from Taylor Hastings and fired beyond Bexon into the bottom corner.