Redbridge took advantage of other teams’ involvement in the FA Vase to move up to fourth in the Essex Senior League after a thumping 5-1 over Tower Hamlets on Friday night.

First half goals from Taylor Tombides, Dan Gilchrist, Kane Hearn and James Barlow had the visitors firmly in control at the break, and Tombides added a further one for himself after the interval before Balde Suaibo pulled one back.

It was the home side who looked the most lively in the early stages as Ben Brookes advanced forward and shot wide, while Suaibo was looking dangerous on the wings and he produced a save out of George Martin.

However, Redbridge weathered the storm and settled into the game, eventually taking the lead on 37 minutes when Sam Dickens played it through for Tombides to fire past Jack Gannon.

There was a large chunk of time added on at the end of the half due to an injury, and it was in that period that Redbridge effectively killed the game.

Firstly, Gilchrist fired home from the penalty spot after Timi Abiola was fouled, Hearn headed in a cross to make it three and Barlow notched a fourth when he swept home from a neat passing move.

The Motormen got a fifth after the break when Tombides converted the rebound after his initial effort had hit the post, but there was at least some reward for Tower Hamlets’ efforts when Suaibo beat a couple of challenges before driving past Martin.

Ilford failed to build on their last league win against Tower Hamlets as they fell to a 2-1 defeat at home to Enfield.

A stunning strike from Jerrold Cobblah gave Ilford the lead after just 45 seconds, but it wasn’t long until Enfield found their equaliser through Michael Salako.

Josh Woodcock then turned the game around before half-time to give Enfield the lead at the break, and it was a lead they held through the entire second half too to condemn Ilford to their third league defeat of the season.

Finally, Leyton Athletic, now part of the Eastern Counties League First Division South, were eliminated from the FA Vase at the expense of Hashtag United, who prevailed 2-0.

The hosts took the lead with only nine minutes gone as George Smith rose highest to head home a Lee Hursit’s corner.

Hashtag then doubled their advantage just past the half hour mark when Josh Osude burst down the right wing and squared it across for Hursit to simply tap in.

Defeat sees Athletic out at the first round of the competition and still without a win so far this season.