Walthamstow moved up to sixth in the Essex Senior League Senior Division courtesy of a routine 2-0 win over Ilford.

Callum Ibe notched a brace, including a stunning overhead kick, to extend the side’s unbeaten run in league action.

Stow were dominant from the off and opened the scoring when Ibe opened his account for the club in stylish fashion, acrobatically volleying in a corner.

Although they weren’t able to add to their lead in the first half, Ibe’s second came when he raced through and knocked the ball coolly past the keeper.

Stow were also held to a 1-1 draw by Buckhurst Hill in the Essex Thameside Trophy on Saturday, but advanced courtesy of a 3-0 win on penalties.

Oliver Fortune scored the only goal for Stow in normal time before a perfect performance from the spot saw them progress.

Meanwhile, poor first-half performance from Ilford condemned them to a 4-0 defeat away at Sporting Bengal United on Saturday, handing them their fourth loss from seven games at the time.

Ilford found themselves 3-0 down at the break and a further strike after half-time sealed another disappointing result for them.

Chaka Barnett, Codey Cameron, Steven Carvell and Curtley McIntosh were on the scoresheet for Bengal.

Redbridge advanced into the next round of the BBC Essex Senior Cup with an easy 5-0 win away at May & Baker on Monday night.

Daniel Gilchrist notched a hat-trick for the Motormen, while James Barlow and Jordayne Henry also found the net to set up a tie away at Saffron Walden Town in the next round.

Saturday, however, saw the side exit the FA Vase at the second qualifying round stage courtesy of a 4-1 loss at FC Clacton.

Callum Grifith put Clacton ahead when he knocked in the rebound from George Martin’s save and they were two ahead shortly after the break as their attacker ran through to slot home.

Kane Hearn pulled one back immediately to give Redbridge hope, but goals from Jordan Lartey and Harry MacDonald wrapped things up for Clacton.

West Essex also suffered defeat in the FA Vase as they were knocked out 4-2 by Brantham Athletic.

Three goals in the opening 26 minutes effectively sent Brantham through well before the break, but two goals in as many minutes just after the hour mark from Michael Mignot threatened some cup magic from West.

However, after pushing hard for the equaliser, they were caught out on the break and Brantham scored a fourth two minutes from time to set up a meeting with Coggeshall United.

Finally, Epping Town maintained their unbeaten start to the Essex Olympian League Division Two with a comprehensive 5-0 win away at Old Southendian Reserves.

Brad Gayer’s free-kick gave Epping the lead at half-time, while a brace from Alex Paraskeva after the interval was added to by single goals apiece for Glen Warwick and Tommy Taylor.

The result puts Epping second in the league, three points behind Leigh Town who have played a game more, and gives them a goal difference of +10 which is the second best in all six divisions.