Waltham Abbey suffered a 3-0 home defeat to Barking on Tuesday night in the Velocity trophy.

An own goal forced by Jack Hayes’ effort after just one minute put the visitors in front and a second-half brace from Junior Dadson saw them ease to victory.

There was much more success for Abbey at the weekend as they romped to a 6-1 win away at Northwood in the Isthmian League South Central Division.

Aron Gordon struck the opener inside two minutes with a fine effort into the top corner, but the hosts levelled when Harry Lodovica pounced on a defensive mistake.

In the second-half, a stunning 12-minute period saw Abbey pull away. Darelle Russell headed in a free-kick to restore the lead and they went further ahead through Gordon and Nathan Koranteng.

Ryan Dear added a fifth in the final 10 minutes and the scoring was rounded off by Leon McKenzie to cap a brilliant second-half display.

West Essex moved up to fifth in the Essex Senior League Senior Division after a 4-1 win over Stansted on Tuesday.

Michael Mignot’s piledriver awoke a drab affair after 21 minutes and Hakim Medafi made the lead much more comfortably on the stroke of half-time before adding a second 10 minutes after the break.

Stansted pulled one back through a glancing header, but Symeon Taylor’s finish restored the three-goal cushion late on.

West also hit four at the weekend as they beat Sporting Bengal United away from home.

Bengal took the lead early on but Taylor responded immediately to make it 1-1 before Brad Russell edged West ahead in the second half.

Mignot and Taylor made it four with two in quick succession, and the side were unfazed late on when Bengal pulled one back.

Walthamstow recovered from their cup defeat by Hashtag United as they beat St Margaretsbury 3-0 away from home on Tuesday.

Dwade James ensured that Stow went into the break with the lead, and goals from Billy Jones and Danny McCullock in the second half affirmed their position.

Redbridge’s mid-week game against Hadley was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, but they did return to winning ways on Saturday with a 2-0 success away at Southend Manor.

Taylor Tombides continued his fine scoring form to put the visitors in front, and Dean Hall added a second before half-time to secure a relatively easy win that puts them back in the top half of the table.

Ilford are now without a win in all competitions in over a month following a 3-0 defeat away at Saffron Walden Town on Saturday.

The visitors managed to hold out until half-time without conceding, but after Andre Embalo’s red card, Walden took the lead straight away through Jack Leachman and Charles Coe's brace put them out of sight

Finally, Epping Town were eliminated from the Senior League Cup at the second-round stage following a 3-2 defeat at home to FC Hamlets.

Alex Paraskeva gave Epping the lead, but they found themselves 3-1 down at the break.

Eben Rowledge pulled one back for Epping in the dying seconds, but it wasn’t to be for the hosts.