Waltham Abbey came from behind to win 3-1 against Harlow Town in their Isthmian League South Central Division clash on Saturday.

Jeremie Sivi put Harlow in front after half an hour, but second-half strikes from Rimmell Daniel, Prince Domafriyie and Rob Clark completed the turnaround and secured the points for Abbey.

The hosts made the better start to the game and could have gone ahead after only five minutes when Darrelle Russell was played through on goal, but Josh Bexon reacted quickly to charge off his line and block the effort.

Charlie Crowley was then called into action at the other end when a cross from Sivi found Tayo Oyebola, but he managed to parry the effort away.

The breakthrough for the away side came after 30 minutes when a cross into the box was headed down to Billy Jones, and he laid off for Sivi to fire into the bottom corner.

Abbey came out strongly again in the second half and they had strong appeals for a penalty waved away by the referee, something the Hawks will feel lucky to have gotten away with.

The hosts were still knocking on the door for an equaliser and they duly got it on 66 minutes when Harlow failed to clear a low cross and Daniel got in behind to tap home at the far post.

Twelve minutes later, the turnaround was complete for Abbey. A long ball forward was collected by Domafriyie and he turned away from the defender before firing low past Bexon.

Late on, a third goal for the home side gave them a desired cushion. A free-kick from Clark on the edge of the box took a deflection and it was enough to take it past Bexon and seal all three points for Abbey.

Walthamstow eased into the second round of the Peter Butcher Memorial Trophy with a 5-0 win away at Redbridge Reserves.

Dwade James scored twice for Stow, whose tally was added to by Lewis Francis, Stanley Muguo and Ryan Maxwell.

Stow were unlucky to not go ahead inside the first minute when Maxwell rounded the goalkeeper and laid off for James, but he somehow scooped his effort over the bar.

James then hit the post with a header before the ball was cleared away, but from the resulting corner, Maxwell’s delivery went all the way through without a touch to give his side the lead.

Muogo soon got a second for the away side when he was left with far too much space to head past the Redbridge keeper, and a minute later Stow had their third of the afternoon when Francis made a good run in behind and tucked James’ through ball into the bottom corner.

James was then brought down in the penalty area and stepped up to convert the fourth from the spot, and there was a fifth before half time when the side’s top scorer got his second of the afternoon, finishing under the keeper from Samrai Gebrai’s pass.

A quiet second half produced no further goals, but the damage was well and truly done already as Stow eased into round two.

Finally, Woodford Town also sealed their passage to the second round with a 6-1 win over Barkingside Reserves.

Town led 2-1 at the break, but a rampant second half performance saw them score four without reply.