Redbridge eased into the second round of the Peter Butcher Memorial Trophy with a 5-0 win against Sawbridgeworth Town Reserves on Tuesday.

Hassan Nalbant and Charlie Portway scored a brace apiece, while Charleston Brown was also on the scoresheet for the home side.

Sawbridgeworth initially did well to hold the home side but their resistance was broken after 40 minutes when Brown netted.

Seven minutes into the second half, Portway doubled the lead for Redbridge and soon added his second to put them out of sight.

Still with 22 minutes to play, Nalbant got his first of the evening, and he doubled his own tally in the 85th minute to seal a comfortable night’s work.

It has not been all plain sailing for Redbridge this week though, as last Friday evening saw them dealt their joint-biggest Essex Senior League Senior Division loss of the season, going down 7-2 at home to Clapton.

The visitors raced into a three-goal half time lead to effectively put the game to bed after 45 minutes.

A further four goals were added by the visitors in the second half before goals from Nalbant and Portway closed the gap slightly.

Max Mitchell got off to a winning start as manager of Walthamstow on Tuesday as they thrashed Harlow Town Reserves 6-1 in the Peter Butcher Memorial Trophy.

The former Hertford Town boss took over after the acrimonious departure of Ryan Maxwell last week.

Stow made a dominant start to the game and it eventually paid off when Connor Scully squared the ball across for Dwade James to tap home.

James then had his second shortly after when he was left unmarked in the box and powered in a free header.

The striker completed his hat-trick before the break with another header, this time rising above his marker from a corner.

Callum Ibe added Stow’s fourth of the night when he capitalised on a defensive mix-up to slot in, but a lapse in concentration allowed Harlow a goal back when a shot from the edge of the area went underneath the keeper.

James added his fourth of the night to restore Stow’s four-goal cushion, and Emmanuel Shoderu finished things off when the referee deemed his shot had crossed the line after hitting the underside of the crossbar.

Saturday saw Stow knocked out of the Errington Challenge Cup as goals from Ceykan Karagozlu and Harley Haag recorded a 2-0 win for Cockfosters.

Despite drawing 2-2 in normal time, West Essex were knocked out of the Errington Challenge Cup on Tuesday night after a 5-4 penalty shoot-out defeat to Hashtag United.

Izzy Ogedi-Uzokwe's brace was matched by Thomas Anderson to send the game to penalties, where Emmanuel Wazola's miss proved costly for the hosts as Hashtag scored their enxt kick to go through.

Finally, Waltham Abbey lost ground on the Isthmian League South Central Division play-off spots with two defeats this week.

On Tuesday, Billy Holland’s goal in between strikes from Dumebi GB-Dumaka and Johnny Ashman saw them lose 2-1 at home to fellow play-off chasers Barking, who are now just a point off Abbey, while on Saturday, Sol Patterson-Bohner and a Danny Bassett brace condemned them to a 3-0 defeat away at Tooting & Mitcham United.