Walthamstow extended their unbeaten run in the Essex Senior League Senior Division to eight games with a comfortable 4-0 win over bottom side Sawbridgeworth Town.

Lewis Francis’ brace, Dwade James’ curler and a piledriver from Michael Toner made it two wins from two for new manager Max Mitchell and put Stow back up to second in the table.

The home side almost took an early lead when James got on the end of Connor Scully’s cross, but his header bounced back off the crossbar.

It did not take much longer for the first blow to land though, as with 24 minutes on the clock, James played the ball through for Francis and he rolled it past the goalkeeper.

Shortly after, Francis had his and Stow’s second when he got the slightest of touches to Osei’s cross to send it through the goalkeeper’s legs and into the net.

The pressure continued and Walthamstow made it three before half-time when James’ through ball towards Francis ricocheted back to him and he curled beautifully into the top corner.

Despite Sawbridgeworth having a few chances to get themselves back into the game early in the second half, Stow extended their lead when Toner found space in the box to rifle home.

The win keeps Sawbridgeworth bottom of the table with just five points to their name, while Stow keep up their hopes of a league title and promotion.

Redbridge made it four wins from their last five and moved up to seventh in the table after a 2-0 success away at St Margaretsbury.

Hassan Nalbant opened the scoring for the Motormen with 21 minutes played, and that was a lead they held until the break.

Charlie Portway then doubled their advantage after 65 minutes to seal a comfortable three points for the visitors and move them above Cockfosters in the league.

West Essex's scheduled game for Tuesday against Tower Hamlets was postponed due to an unplayable pitch, but a late equaliser from Izzy Ogedi-Uzokwe secured a point for them in a 3-3 draw away at Hoddesdon Town on Saturday.

West raced into a two-goal lead through strikes from Cameron Gray and Joel Lamb, but Hoddesdon turned it around to lead at the break through Harry Bushell, Aaron Ramthor and Harry Andic.

The hosts battled until the end however and they got their reward when Ogedi-Uzokwe popped up to level the game again.

Goals in each half secured a first league win since December 14 for Ilford as they beat Southend Manor 2-0.

Larry Akanbi opened the scoring on 25 minutes from the edge of the area, and the lead was doubled when Jordan Fisher rattled home a loose ball in the second half.

Woodford Town secured their first league win since November with a 1-0 success against St Margaretsbury on Tuesday night.

Finally, Waltham Abbey moved to within a point of the Isthmian League South Central Division play-off spots after a 2-0 win at struggling Staines Town.

Rob Clark bagged both goals for Abbey, opening the scoring after three minutes before doubling the tally seven minutes into the second half.