A faulty flat screen TV set fire to a flat above a shop in Ilford.

The blaze started in a flat above Rangreza in Ilford Lane on Tuesday, June 15.

At 10.09pm, six fire engines and around 40 firefighters were called to the fire which damaged part of the ground floor of the building.

Road closures were in place in between Windsor Road and Kingston Road whilst firefighters worked to make the scene safe.

There were no reports of any injuries.

Fire crews from Ilford, Barking, East Ham and Stratford fire stations reported the fire under control by 11.12pm.

The Brigade’s Fire Investigators believe the fire was accidental and involved a faulty flat screen monitor.