Part of a five-roomed flat in Walthamstow was damaged in a fire.

London Fire Brigade says firefighters were rushed to a blaze at a building in Parkstone Road on Thursday, August 19, at 8.14pm.

Part of a five-roomed flat on the fifth floor of the building was damaged by fire.

LFB said round 31 people were out of the building before the brigade arrived and that there were no reports of any injuries.

The fire was under control by 9.35pm.

The Brigade’s Fire Investigators believe the fire was accidental and involved a washing machine.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: "Most fires where white goods are the source of ignition are not down to anything you have done – so always make sure you register your appliances as you’ll be informed if any issues are identified with the product you’ve bought.

“If your white goods start making a strange noise, don’t ignore it. If you think there’s a problem always unplug it and contact the manufacturer or a qualified repair technician.”