A view of the Chingford war memorial looking south down The Ridgway (formerly known as the High Street).

The memorial with its Celtic cross design was erected in 1921 to honour the 240 who had fallen in the Great War.

East London and West Essex Guardian Series:

How the memorial looks today

More names were added after the Second World War.

Find out more about Chingford Historical Society at its website www.chingfordhistory.org.uk