Pictured at the top of this page is a quiet view towards Kings Head Hill c1930 from Lea Valley Road with Sewardstone Road left to right.

The area originally known as Low Street was the most populated of all Chingford’s hamlets by 1851.

There were numerous cottages occupied by local farm labourers, some of which were pulled down during the 1870s as being unfit for human habitation.

East London and West Essex Guardian Series:

It is a very busy road junction today.

Follow Gary Stone on Instagram @chingfordhistorical