It's five years ago this week since we reported on the problems being caused at night by boy racers using a retail park.

Fast and furious boy racers have turned a retail car park into their private playground while residents for miles around complain about “unbearable” noise.

In the small of hours of the night teams of souped-up cars arrive at Ravenside Retail Park, in Edmonton, to begin hours of reckless driving.

The retail park lies just inside the North Circular and closely borders Chingford, but residents as far away as Highams Park are being kept up at night.

On Sunday, March 19 at about 4am, three cars were filmed screeching around the car park as they drifted around doing dangerous donuts.

The next day shoppers had to step around tyre debris littering the car park, while a burnt-out Ford hatchback was dumped outside the entrance to Next Home.

Despite a trespassing problem persisting for over a year, the Met has made no arrests but said they were investigating a number of criminal offences.

Linda Hall, who lives nearly three miles away in Winchester Road, in Highams Park, said she is being kept up at night by the “unbearable” noise.

She said: “Surrounding residents all need to sleep at night, we get to hear them with their noisy exhausts on their way to the venue.

“Some of them are racing up and down the North Circular as well as on residential streets, on quadbikes as well.

“It affects a lot of people on a very regular basis, all over Chingford and Highams Park and no doubt in Edmonton and Enfield, as other car parks are used as well.”

In a video uploaded by a spectator in January, this year, modified cars were filmed doing donuts around lampposts outside Argos and Carpetright.

The dangerous stunts were performed inside of a circle of other cars beaming their headlights at the drivers while spectators filmed the exploits on their mobile phones.

In one video a man is seen lying across the top of a BMW estate, hanging on while it and another BMW and Nissan Skyline drift around the car park.

The retail park is owned by M&G Real Estate who “apologised unreservedly” for the disruption caused to nearby residents.

A spokesperson for the property moguls said they had spent tens of thousands installing barriers and CCTV and putting security on site.

They added: “We would like to reassure the general public in the area that we are striving to do everything in our power to resolve the situation.

“But despite the lengthy and costly measures already taken, we are still experiencing problems and are reliant on the local police for further guidance and action.”

A Met spokesperson added: “Police continue to work with partners to develop plans to address the problem.

“Local officers are speaking with the landowner with a view to increasing security measures at the premises.”