A view of Station Road, Chingford, c1920.

It was named after the station that arrived near to the forest in 1878.

The road continues onto Rangers Road (named in honour of the Duke of Connaught, the first ranger of Epping Forest) until it reaches Epping New Road (built in 1834).

East London and West Essex Guardian Series: A modern-day view of the roadA modern-day view of the road (Image: Gary Stone)