Cinema comes to North Chingford with the opening of the Chingford Pavilion in October 1920.

It was re-named Chingford Cinema in late-1929 after it had been equipped to screen sound films.

After another name change during the war to The Doric Cinema and subsequent re-openings, the cinema closed in 1961 and was demolished for offices to be built on the site.

East London and West Essex Guardian Series: A modern-day view of the site.A modern-day view of the site. (Image: Gary Stone)

Follow Gary Stone on Instagram @chingfordhistorical