Station Road in Loughton c1910, with the Loughton Club on the right.

The building was constructed in 1904 but officially opened as a working men's club in 1910 after being donated to the community by its founder Rev William Dalson.

In the centre of the picture is the old police station, which was demolished in 1963.

East London and West Essex Guardian Series: Station Road in Loughton todayStation Road in Loughton today (Image: Gary Stone)