The Inn, built in the early 1700s, once stood where the old Barclays Bank building is today.

In the 1870s the old Parish Fire brigade kept their old engine in the yard at the rear of the pub.

East London and West Essex Guardian Series: Site of the Old Duke of York pubSite of the Old Duke of York pub (Image: Gary Stone)

The pub was demolished in 1931.