Premier Division

Zain Shahzad and Mohammed Fayyaz Khan put on a destructive spell of bowling to guide Wanstead and Snaresbrook to a nine-wicket win over Brentwood on Saturday under the Duckworth-Lewis method.

Having won the toss, visitors Brentwood opted to bat first but were given no breathing space as the home side tore into the their line-up.

Tom Philippe (0) was removed by Shahzad (three for 22) after just two deliveries before Jonathan Walford (16) and Aaron West (2) soon followed off the bowling of Khan (three for 21) to leave Brentwood in trouble on 35 for three.

That was soon 36 for four as Tom Oakley (11) headed back to the pavilion after being bowled by Kishen Velani (one for 19).

Wanstead kept up their ruthless bowling display with a pair of wickets for captain Joe Ellis-Grewal (two for 21) leaving the away side facing a real chase to even reach 100. However, they managed that largely thanks to Thomas Moore (39) and were finally removed for a disappointing total of 149.

Arfan Akram (6) was first to go as Wanstead got their reply underway. John Chambers (15) and Saurav Prabhakar (21) were the men at the crease when play was interrupted and ultimately ended by rain for the first time this summer.

Set a target of 45 under the Duckworth-Lewis method, Wanstead had already surpassed that total to seal victory with 53 for one.

Mid-table Chingford fell to a six-wicket defeat at Colchester and East Essex under the Duckworth-Lewis method, despite Alfie Taylor’s stunning century.

Put into bat, Chingford appeared to have made the most of their innings as Taylor (101) opened by thrashing 11 fours and a six from just 122 deliveries.

And alongside Jack Potticary (90), the runs flowed with the first wicket only lost following an opening stand of 197 between the pair.

Ben MacGregor made 20 at number three before Mubasher Hassan (44), Chris Baldock (13) and James Hill (26 not out), helped push Chingford up to a massive score of 325 for five from 50 overs.

But Colchester and East Essex were in no mood to make life easy for their visitors, with openers Jack Hebron (32) and Kemsley Robb (45) making quick-fire scores early on.

The runs continued to build at a steady pace, although it was Tom Ullyott’s unbeaten 93 from just 64 balls which really changed the course of the match.

Chingford’s innings had been completed uninterrupted, but once the rain set in during tea, Colchester were set a revised target of 248 for victory under the Duckworth-Lewis method.

And despite the efforts of MacGregor (two for 34), they managed that in 30.2 overs, four wickets down and with ten balls to spare.

South Woodford saw their fixture at home to Buckhurst Hill abandoned after ten overs of the second innings due to the inclement weather.

Having won the toss and elected to bat, hosts South Woodford were removed for a good total of 242.

However, with Buckhurst Hill on 46 for one, the weather intervened and the game was left uncompleted.

Loughton got out of jail following a poor batting display to pick up six points from their abandoned fixture at Chelmsford.

Having won the toss and decided to bat, the visitors were wobbling from the outset and lost Rishi Patel (4) after just 20 deliveries.

Matthew Schubert made a paltry nine from 24 balls and his departure left the away side faltering on 18 for three.

And things rapidly went from bad to worse as third man in, Daniel Gymer, was removed by Anthony Hill (two for 23) having put on just the single run during his short-lived stint.

Bilal Butt (14) and Kieran Scarlioli (13) finally offered some fleeting resistance to the Chelmsford bowling attack but they too were gone before they could really settle into any kind of groove.

Batting at nine, John Mills top-scored in a dismal innings by hitting five fours in a knock of 25. And after just 28.4 overs, Loughton closed on 90 for nine.

However, the rain came down and without a ball being bowled, the Chelmsford innings came to a premature end to save the visitors’ skin.

Division Two

An unbeaten knock of 79 from Gamindu Kanishka ensured Fives and Heronians picked up a six-wicket win at home to Wickford.

Jonny Kay excelled with the ball for Fives, snaring three for 14 from ten overs, whilst Greg Summers helped himself to figures of three for 40 as Wickford were removed for 195.

Fives made an underwhelming start with the bat, losing openers Pete Kilpatrick (11) and Gary Edwards (19) without making any real impression on the scoring.

Ben Britton (79) and Summers (36 not out) had more joy with the bat though, and guided Fives to 160 for four, exceeding the Duckworth-Lewis set target of 157 from 40 overs.

Division Three

A disappointing display with the bat saw Epping trounced by eight wickets at home to Old Southendian and Southchurch.

Opener Amit Ojha was removed for a duck and although Tapan Patel added 31, that was as good as it got for the home side.

Manish Patel made 24 and his was one of just four knocks to reach double figures as Epping were removed for just 113.

And Old Southendian wasted little time in chasing down that total, reaching 115 for two after just 19 overs.

Oakfield Parkonians enjoyed an eight-wicket win over Westcliff-on-Sea under the Duckworth-Lewis method.

Westcliff-on-Sea resisted Parks’ bowling attack, with Alexander Portugal (63) and Peter Barnes (38) top scoring in a total of 274 for eight.

Ninety-four minutes were lost to the rain and chasing 143 from 26 overs, Parks got home by making 145 thanks to Faisal Bhatti (55) and Rana Muhammed Arslan (54).

Woodford Green were left frustrated after the bad weather prevented them chasing down Walthamstow’s total.

Set a target of 235 for nine, Woodford Green were going well in the second innings and found themselves on 134 for two when rain saw the game abandoned.

Amrit Ryatt (53) and Hamza Hussain (26 not out) had top scored after 17.4 overs but their efforts proved in vain.

West Essex got off lightly against Old Brentwoods as the rain ended their clash early.

Visitors Old Brentwoods had put up an imposing 324 for six, with Wade Canham posting a massive 151 from just 96 balls to leave West Essex staring down the barrel.

The West Essex reply was cut off after 7.3 overs, with Zia Anwar unbeaten on 18 and Mohammed Zahour, having been dismissed leg before wicket, falling for 23.