Eton Manor lost 12-19 in a close contest against Letchworth in a London One North fixture.

The first score of the game did not come until the 35th minute when Matt Oaks drove over the line for Manor with Callum McKie gaining the conversion.

Chances came from both sides but they resulted in nothing and the half ended 7-0 to the home side.

But 10 minutes into the second, the visitors scored their first try when their fly-half darted through a gap and went behind the posts for a seven-point score. 

This allowed Letchworth to have the upper hand and they added another try, as they went in at the corner, to take the lead for the first time.

But the away side started giving away penalties which allowed Manor to kick for territory taking the play just outside the 22.

Chris Smith scored Manor's second try to take the score to 12-14 after he dove after the line beating off a couple of defensive tackles.

But they missed the conversion to level the score but had put themselves back in it.

However, this score seemed to bring Letchworth back to life and they hounded Manor from the kick-off and managed to turn the ball over.

From here they set up a serious of powerful drives and from the ruck they secured a quick ball.

They spun it along the line and outflanked Manors defence to score in the corner with the difficult conversion taken.

Letchworth kept the pressure on Manor not letting them out of their half and saw the clock down for an important 12-19 victory.

Their league counterparts Chingford had a better weekend after the won 22-8 over Sudbury and now sit third in the table.

Epping Upper Clapton will want to forget their last game against Diss losing 36-7 to the promotion contenders in London Two North East.

The league leaders went 14-0 up very quickly with their slick backs catching the visitors napping.

However, Clapton did manage to score before the first half ended when Diss spilled the ball.

Mitch Sinfield scored the try with Harry Barker gaining the conversion.

Diss upped their pace after half-time and all the scoring their way. Clapton showed heart and desire but could not stop the home side from crossing the line four more times.

Woodford also fell short at the weekend after they lost to Rochford Hundred 15-8.

They still sit two spots above Clapton but only one point separates 7-8.

And Wanstead now sits three points behind leaders Harlow in London Three North East after they defeated Southwold 24-39.