Leyton Orient produced a stunning fightback to earn their first away win of the season with a 3-2 success at Mansfield Town.

Two Danny Rose penalties gave the Stags a firm advantage at the break, but after Conor Wilkinson and Lee Angol scored their first goals for the club to draw level, Jordan Maguire-Drew struck in the sixth minute of injury time to make sure all three points came back to East London.

Ross Embleton named an unchanged starting 11 to the one that drew with Stevenage at the weekend. The only change to the entire squad was new signing George Marsh's inclusion on the bench over James Alabi.

After producing a resilient defensive display against Stevenage on Saturday, things couldn't have got off to a worse start in that respect for Orient, who conceded a penalty after just 11 minutes.

Otis Khan threaded the ball through for Rose who was felled by Marvin Ekpiteta, and the Mansfield frontman dusted himself down to send Dean Brill the wrong way from the spot.

Home goalkeeper Conrad Logan was called into action shortly after as the O's looked for an instant reply, but he saved well firstly from Wilkinson's strike and then from an Ekpiteta header.

Those stops proved vital by the 24th minute as the hosts were given the chance to double their advantage when the referee pointed to the spot again.

Joe Widdowson was the culprit this time as he tripped Kellen Gordan, and Rose calmly stepped up to dispatch with ease.

Mansfield looked keen to add to their lead in the second half, constantly harrying the Orient defence and putting them under increasing pressure. 

Malvind Benning came close with two efforts while Rose came close to a hat-trick when his overhead kick went wide of the target.

The next goal in the game was going to be vital, and thankfully for Orient, it went their way as they were able to find a route back into the game.

Mansfield were unable to clear the ball from their own penalty area, and when substitute Louis Dennis poked towards goal, Wilkinson was on hand to ensure it crossed the line and the fightback was on.

Both sides came close to securing the game's fourth goal - Orient dragged two shots wide of Logan's post while Krystian Pearce was just centimetres away from meeting a delivery.

It was the O's who had their tails up though, and they levelled the game with 14 minutes to go when Angol dummied the ball to Wilkinson, who then played his strike partner back in to slot under Logan.

Mansfield were rocked by the fightback and sent extra bodies forward in an attempt to regain their lead.

It backfired on them though and Orient, who were yet to win away from home so far this season, counter-attacked up the other end to snatch the latest of all equalisers.

Angol sent in a cross to the back post which initially looked as though it was headed home by Dennis, but Maguire-Drew, just four minutes after coming onto the pitch, was credited with the final touch that secured the winning goal and all three points for the visitors.

The win pushes Embleton's side up to ninth in League Two with seven points from four games.

Their next opportunity to improve on that total comes this Saturday when they welcome Crawley Town to the Breyer Group Stadium. Kick-off is at 3.00pm.

Orient team: Brill; Ling, Ekpiteta, Coulson, Happe, Widdowson; Clay, Wright; Brophy; Wilkinson, Angol

Subs: Sargeant, Gorman, Maguire-Drew, Judd, Dennis, Harrold, Marsh