Wanstead & Snaresbrook recovered from the disappointment of missing out on the league title by claiming a six wicket victory over Ilford to finish the Premier Division season in victorious fashion.

The result secures Wanstead second spot in the league and they end the campaign 22 points behind champions Hornchurch, following the latter’s defeat against Billericay.

Wanstead’s Jack Law made an early impression, dismissing both Nigel Jacobs and Harsh Kumar for single figures to leave Ilford at 49-2.

Fortunately for the visitors, opener Akash Raji went onto hit 49 and he was supported by Saf Imitiaz’s half century (66) to get Ilford’s innings back on track.

Following Mohammad Ahktar’s departure for 32, Wanstead skipper Joe Ellis-Grewal came to the fore, taking 3-17 to dismiss most of Ilford’s lower order.

Jonathan Das (2-61) and Jahansher Akbar (2-41) also enjoyed success with the ball to limit Ilford to 240 and Wanstead’s reply got off to the perfect start, with Arfan Akram and Robin Das forging an opening 73 run partnership.

Following Das’ exit for 23, opener Akram breezed past the century mark and went onto post 119 not out to put Wanstead well on their way to victory.

Akram’s efforts were supported by Ellis-Grewal (29), Bilal Patel (20) and Feroze Khushi (26) as Wanstead beat Ilford’s target with six wickets to spare to secure a comprehensive victory.

Chingford ended the season with two wins in a row after they beat Shenfield by six runs at home, a result which confirmed the visitors’ relegation to Division One.

Skipper Alfie Taylor played an influential role in the match, with his opening century of 112, which included 15 boundaries, putting the home side in the driving seat.

However, he lacked support from Chingford’s lower order, with Alex Agedah only able to manage 21 and Alexander Maskell a further 13.

In the end, good work from Shenfield’s Mitchell Edwards (4-58) and Charlie Haddon (3-39) limited Chingford to 183, but their reply would get off to the worst possible start when Edwards was dismissed for a duck at 3-1.

Aaron Beard kept Shenfield’s hopes alive with a score of 99 not out, but much like Chingford’s Taylor, he lacked support from the lower order, with just one of their last seven batsmen able to reach double figures.

Following Taylor’s display with the bat, Liam Lannen attempted to outdo the Chingford captain with the ball, as the bowler took an excellent 7-46 to dismiss Shenfield for 177, a result which confirmed their relegation to Division One.

Buckhurst Hill will ply their trade in the Premier Division next season after they secured the Division One title despite being beaten by Woodford Wells.

Belhus pipped Hutton to second spot following their win over Upminster, but that result wasn’t enough to close the gap on Buckhurst Hill, who finished three points clear at the top of the table.

Two early dismissals for Hendro Puchert and Ryan Karunakaran threatened to dash Hill’s title hopes but a 160 run partnership between captain Jamie Allen (60) and Ricky Reynolds (80) got the leaders back on track.

Buckhurst Hill declared at 201-2 and Woodford Wells’ response started brightly thanks to Nabel Shaikh’s half century (51).

Following Rehan Iqbal’s 33, Gareth James posted 59 not out, while Rory Ellison hit a late 16, as Woodford claimed the victory with four wickets to spare, ensuring they finished in seventh place.

A Bilal Butt inspired Loughton got their hands on the Division Two title after they narrowly beat Horndon on the Hill by six runs.

Butt lead the way in Loughton’s innings with 37, while further contributions from Hamzah Wajid (32), Bilaal Anwar (28) and Vishak Surendra helped the home side reach 203.

Having impressed with the bat, Butt would then play an influential role with the ball, as he stopped Horndon’s chase by dismissing their lower order for 3-46, ensuring they fell six runs short.

Loughton will be joined in Division One by Fives and Heronians, whose promotion was confirmed thanks to a comfortable three wicket win against Leigh on Sea.

Good work from Fives’ Amila Peiris and Jonny Kay saw them take a series of early wickets, leaving their opponents teetering at 24-5.

Peiris went onto take 5-24 to restrict Leigh on Sea to 131 but Fives’ reply got off to a terrible start when opener Shawn Tuitt was dismissed for a duck.

Fortunately, captain Jake Poulter led a fightback with an unbeaten 64 not out, which was added to by Terry Ballard (18) and Ben Britton (17) to secure promotion as well as a second place finish.

South Woodford ended the season in style by comfortably beating Harlow Town thanks to an excellent fielding display.

Indika Wickramaratne led the wicket taking honours with 5-22, while Bradley Copper took 2-5 and Saihaj Jaspal added 3-46 to bowl Harlow out for just 78.

In reply, Kasey Harris notched 29, while Jamal Richards hit 21 not out, as Woodford breezed past Harlow’s target with six wickets to spare.

Walthamstow finished agonisingly short in their bid for promotion to Division Two despite their 103 run win over Woodford Green.

An excellent fielding display from Walthamstow proved to be decisive, with George Evans leading the honours with 4-54 and Dipesh Patel also enjoying success with the ball (3-10).

However, those performances weren’t enough to secure second place, as they finished just three points behind Benfleet, who secured promotion following a 169 run victory over West Essex.

Elsewhere, there was also disappointment for Epping on the final day after they were comfortably beaten by Basildon & Pitsea by 82 runs.