Eton Manor bounced back from last week’s last gasp draw with H.A.C in style, as they returned to winning ways with a comprehensive 45-17 win over Fullerians.

But in a feisty game at the New Wilderness, which saw a number of yellow cards handed out and Carly Buisson sent off for Manor, the Wanstead club were dealt a blow when the influential Nick Sheppard was stretchered off with a broken foot, ruling him out of action for a substantial period of time.

It was Manor who struck first inside the first ten minutes, as Michael Eghan’s pace proved to be too much for the Fullerians back-line and he ran over to round off a pre-planned move which also involved George Harman as well as Aaron Lowe. Sheppard would miss the resultant conversion, meaning Manor held a 5-0 lead following the first ten minutes.

Manor came close again through Cameron Dutch but they didn’t have to wait long to extend their advantage, when Ollie Waugh powered over the line following a five metre scrum to put a further seven points on the board.

Fullerians replied almost immediately when they registered five points after scoring their first try of the afternoon, but any hope of a fightback went out the window instantly, when Manor converted their third seconds later thanks to George Harman, who crashed over the line following good play from Waugh and Eghan.

A successful conversion extended Manor’s advantage and the Wanstead club went into the break with a 24-5 lead, after Ivan Tustanowskyj’s try was backed up by Dutch’s conversion.

The one way traffic continued following the re-start when Eghan released Lowe who sped over the line, with the resultant conversion increasing Manor’s advantage to 31-5.

Fullerians replied soon after and just as they started to get a foothold in the game, Manor raced back into action when Harman intercepted a wayward pass before kick-starting a counter-attack which was finished off by Nick Horton.

But just as Fullerians responded again to make it 38-17, Manor quashed any hopes of a comeback when Robb Falls’ try was backed up by another successful conversion from Dutch to hand the Wanstead side a dominant victory.

Elsewhere, Epping Upper Clapton made it back-to-back wins by comfortably beating Ilford Wanderers 48-14 to send them one point clear at the top of the London 3 Essex Division.

Jordan Watson certainly wasn’t hanging about on his home debut, as he scored two tries in quick succession, while Dan Jones and Des Griggs both crashed over the line to put Epping 24-0 in front after just 20 minutes.

Ilford got themselves on the scoreboard just before the break, capitalising on some complacency in the Clapton back-line to register their first try of the afternoon, but Epping remained on the front foot following the re-start, with captain Cam Furlong racing through to extend their advantage.

Mitch Sinfield was the next to get his name on the scoresheet, while Jones ensured it was a day to remember on a personal note when he secured his hat-trick with two-late tries, ensuring he left the field with 23 points to his name after scoring four successful conversions too.

There was still time for a late Ilford consolation but they never really troubled Epping, who soared to the top of the table ahead of next week’s game against Campion.