Epping Town sealed promotion from Senior Division Four of the Essex Olympian League with two games to spare at the weekend after a 3-1 win over Lakeside Reserves.

Tye win ensured that the team will finish at least in a runners-up spot, and they could yet still clinch the league title, although second-placed Corinthians have two games in hand.

Joe Killingback scored Epping’s first of the afternoon, a stunning free-kick to equalise after Lakeside had initially taken the lead.

A second goal followed and, after a shot was deflected into his path, Glen Warwick volleyed home a third to seal the win and secure Epping’s promotion.

After the game, manager Billy Cove said: “I am so pleased for this group of players, who have only been together for seven months. To win promotion with two games to go is a huge achievement.

“I’ve won promotion and cups as a player, but nothing comes close to the way I am feeling now. I am the proudest man alive. We’ve assembled a very special group of players.”

Leyton Athletic were in action in the Essex Senior League Senior Division and secured their first win in 22 games after beating Sawbridgeworth Town 1-0.

Nyron Dyer scored the only goal of the game to lift Athletic off bottom spot in the table and to within 10 points of Southend Manor, with six games left to retain their Step 5 status.

Elsewhere, Waltham Abbey won for just the third time in eight Bostik League South Central Division games at the weekend thanks to a late winner against Bedfont Sports.

Nathan Koranteng gave Abbey the lead before Scott Harris’ equaliser midway through the second half, but Rimmell Daniel popped up with the winner to secure the points.

It only took five minutes for Koranteng to hand the home side the advantage as he took advantage of the windy conditions.

That’s the way it stayed until just past the hour mark when Bedfont equalised through Harris, but late on, with only three minutes remaining, Daniel was left unmarked at a corner to head in the winner.

Walthamstow maintained their play-off hunt in the Essex Senior League Senior Division last Wednesday with a 2-0 win over Stanway Rovers.

Dwade James opened the scoring in the first half with a spectacular volley and Reece Conway doubled the lead shortly after with a towering header to make sure of the points early on.

Finally, Petrit Elbi's hat-trick helped Redbridge to a third successive 4-1 win as they brushed aside Barkingside on Monday night.

Early pressure from Redbridge allowed Charleston Browne to put a dangerous cross into the area, but Ryan Karrer was out quickly to claim.

After a free-kick for the hosts was cleared, Redbridge then broke up the other end and won one of their own, from which Connor Okus superbly fired past Karrer.

The lead was doubled within minutes to make matters worse for Barkingside as a misplaced pass from Dean Hall was headed back across the goal by Elbi and into the corner.

The home side pulled a goal back shortly after the restart, but Elbi restored the two-goal cushion when he capitalised on a defensive mix-up to poke home.

Browne and Paul Preston both spurned chances to add a fourth late on, but Elbi was on hand instead to complete his hat-trick and move the Motormen up to 10th in the league.