Waltham Abbey moved into the Isthmian South Central Division play-off spots after a thumping 5-2 win over struggling Northwood on Saturday.

The home side quickly got into their stride and took the lead after 10 minutes Shiloh Remy, on loan from Queens Park Rangers, saw his shot go in via a deflection off Oladimeji Olajubu.

More slack defending saw Abbey double their advantage on 36 minutes, Darelle Russell thundering an effort into the roof of the net, leaving Northwood goalkeeper Chris Rackley with no chance.

Woods had a mountain to climb already and made things worse for themselves when Ribiero Sanches was sent off for kicking out on his debut.

Abbey made it three just after the hour mark when Aron Gordon cut in from the left and dispatched into the far corner, but Northwood through Eric Lopes two minutes later.

The hosts restored their three-goal advantage when Russell got his second of the afternoon, but Northwood pulled another back in some style as Charlie Malin arrowed an effort into the top corner from 35 yards.

Abbey had the last say though, as Gordon completed his brace late on.

Redbridge recorded their second successive win in the Essex Senior League Senior Division after a 2-1 win away at Enfield.

With the game finely poised at 1-1 after James Barlow had scored for the visitors, Taylor Tombides struck in injury time to hand the away side all three points and move them to within two points of sixth-placed Stansted.

West Essex remain unbeaten in the league in 2020 after a narrow 1-0 win against Ilford.

Michael Mignot scored the only goal of the game for the home side six minutes before the break after being set up by Georgie Fairhead.

Mignot was sent off later in the game, but West hung on and remain in mid table.

West were due to host Hadley in the league on Tuesday night, but was one of the games to succumb to the weather.

Woodford Town’s winless run stretched the three games after they were beaten 3-1 by Hashtag United.

Hashtag went ahead early on through Thomas Anderson, but Reece Antoine-Dacosta levelled things up for Town.

George Smith restored the away side’s lead four minutes before the break, and he scored again in the 90th minute to wrap up the points.

Woodford were another side due to play on Tuesday, but their game against Southend Manor was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Walthamstow continued their excellent form last Wednesday with a 6-2 win away at Clapton.

Clapton raced into a two-goal lead early on, but Jamie Bennett’s header shortly before half-time gave Stow some hope going into the second period.

After the break, Clapton were forced to put an outfield player in goal due to injury and went down to 10 men for a sending off, and Stow took advantage with five unanswered goals.

A pair of penalties from Dwade James put Stow in front and Samrai Gebria scored either side of Callum Ibe's fifth.

Finally, Epping Town still have just one Division Two win in the Essex Olympian League since December after a 2-0 defeat away to Wakering Sports.