CHINGFORD'S momentum from last week's demolition of Woodford carried them past Brentwood on Saturday, with the Waltham Wayers running out comfortable 35-19 winners.

Luke Campbell got Chingford off the mark with his fifth try of the campaign, which was converted by Ben Bolton-Smith.

Matt Hastings, fed by Mat Lockwood, was the next over for the hosts, with Bolton-Smith adding a penalty for a commanding lead.

Substitute Luke Mullett then initiated the move of the match, breaking away before passing to winger Chris Kells, who ate up the grass for the next try.

Campbell's second score of the day made the score 27-0 at the break – Chingford's third successive half-time shut-out.

Brentwood hit back with the wind in their favour in the second period, but a penalty from Bolton-Smith and a try from substitute Knight put the game out of reach.

Woodford were well beaten by Tabard at their Highams ground on Saturday.

After a positive start to the season, in which the team won their opening two games, Woodford have now endured two heavy losses. The first came at the hands of Chingford last week, and the weekend's poor display, in which they lost 50-13, will concern the side's coaches.

Meanwhile, Eton Manor remain rooted to the foot of the table after a 38-10 defeat at Sudbury.

Elsewhere, Bancroft suffered their third defeat of the season in London Three North East at the hands of Wisbech, going down 26-14.

In the team's two previous games they had pushed their opponents all the way, but this time, with several regulars missing, Wisbech had too much for the local outfit.

Bancroft started the game well enough, putting their hosts on to the back foot. But the opposition were able to withstand the early attacks, before breaking away to score a converted try.

They soon gained the upper hand and, before the break, were able to add another score to the tally.

Two more tries followed after the interval, effectively ending the visitors' hopes of a comeback, although they did rally commendably, Matt Henry and James Dempsey scoring converted tries in the dying embers of the game. In the same division, Wanstead have enjoyed an excellent start to the campaign, winning all three of their opening games, the latest a 30-19 victory over Lowestoft & Yarmouth.

The team have accrued 13 points so far, which sees them sit just two points off leaders Basildon.

In Essex Two, Ilford Wanderers were the victors in the division's derby, defeating Ongar by 29 points to three.