CHINGFORD moved into third place in London One North with their third straight victory at the weekend.

The latest lambs to the slaughter were newly-promoted Tabard, who were dispatched 41-0, with Chingford now having racked up more than 140 points in their last three games, following wins over Woodford and Brentwood.

The writing was on the wall as early as five minutes in, when Duncan Hayward danced his way over the try-line, then converting his own score.

Chris Kells cruised over for the second try, with Hayward adding the extras and a penalty for a healthy cushion.

Luke Campbell, leading the league's try-scoring chart, used a maul as a shield before driving over for a 22-0 half-time lead; the fourth consecutive match in which Chingford had successfully shut out their opponents in the first period.

The pattern continued after the break, a penalty try being awarded after some heavy pressure, with Hayward converting, while Ben Bolton-Smith also scored.

Matthew Lockwood was the last player over after good work from substitute Neil Starling.

An ecstatic Guy Gavan, Chingford's player coach, said afterwards: “We took our chances well. Tabard will certainly turn a few teams over, so the win was not as easy as the score suggests. The forward pack were immense today.”

Elsewhere, Woodford got their season back on track after two heavy defeats with a hard-fought victory over Thurrock.

The Highams men battled to a 18-13 win, in a result that lifts them up to seventh.

Eton Manor, meanwhile, climbed off the foot of the table with a 14-5 win over Bury St Edmunds.

In London Three North East, Bancroft stumbled to their fourth defeat of the campaign at home to Norwich, going down 26-5.

There was a double early blow for the hosts as captain Matt Barrett and second row Chris Edwards were forced off with injuries.

That proved to be a fillip for the visitors, who ran in an unconverted try on ten minutes. Bancroft managed to shut out Norwich for the remainder of the half, but two further scores arrived after the break.

Sean Davies did score an unconverted try to give the Bs hope, but a final nail in the coffin, in the form of a fourth try from the away side, put paid to any comeback aspirations.

Ilford Wanderers are just two points off the Essex Two summit after beating May & Baker 19-0.