Marko Arnautovic played almost 85 minutes, as he helped Austria pull off a shock 2-1 victory over World Cup holders Germany in a friendly at the weekend.

In a match which saw Bayern Munich goalkeeper Manuel Neuer make his long awaited come-back, having been ruled out since September with a broken foot, it was Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil who put Germany ahead early on, after the game had been delayed by over an hour and 40 minutes due to heavy rain.

Arnautovic, who earnt his 70th cap, was then thwarted by a brave block by Neuer, before two quick second half strikes from Martin Hinteregger and Alessandro Schopf capped off a valiant fightback from Austria to hand them the win.

Elsewhere, Declan Rice played the full 90 minutes in midfield for the Republic of Ireland once again, as a late goal from Brentford’s Alan Judge secured a last gasp 2-1 win over the USA in Dublin.

Bobby Wood threatened to spoil John O’Shea’s last game for his country when he put the visitors ahead in first half stoppage time, before Ireland’s Graham Burke equalised seventeen minutes after half-time.

But with the final whistle approaching, Judge stepped off the bench to score the winner in stoppage time just seconds after coming on, to hand Ireland their first win in four games.

West Ham’s Edimilson Fernandes was also in action, as he came on for the last half-an-hour as Switzerland held Spain thanks to a rare mistake from Manchester United’s David De Gea.

Alvaro Odriozola had put the Euro 2012 winners in front with a well struck volley on the half-hour mark, before Switzerland equalised mid-way through the second half after Ricardo Rodriguez poked home from close range, after De Gea failed to deal with Stephan Lichtsteiner’s effort.

Fernandes replaced former Hammer Valon Behrami in the 63rd minute, just seconds after the Switzerland equaliser, to earn his fourth international cap and the midfielder is due to find out later today whether he has earnt a spot in his country’s 23-man squad for the World Cup.

Meanwhile, young midfielder Sead Haskabanovic earnt his fourth international cap for Montenegro, as he played the final 21 minutes in Saturday’s 2-0 defeat to Slovenia.

The 19-year-old arrived at the London Stadium from Swedish side Halmstads BK last summer and made two appearances for the Hammers last season, both of which coming in cup competitions.